New
Find
Notify
Tools

9,3x64 Brenneke
 Login/Join

<Mike Dettorre>
posted
Okay who has some pet loads...I already looked on the reloading page on AR but just wanted to know who else has one and insights...

I have lots of H4350 around.

Anybody have thoughts about the 270 grn Speers?

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
I'll look mine up, but if memory serves Rl-15 and the 250 gr Noslers hit 2850fps out of a 26 inch barrel. I tried some of the loads on the reloading section and they were way too hot for my rifle. Huntingtons has some Horneber brass.-Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Mike Dettorre>
posted
Rob,

Maybe you, me, and slingster can get together for one of them there shootin fests.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Slingster

Lets take these two 9.3 upstarts on, and show 'em what a .376 can do. Sac Valley Shooting Center is good, or I can come to your neighborhood. Losers buy dinner! [Razz]

Elmo

Posts: 586 | Location: paloma,ca | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
<Mike Dettorre>
posted
United Sportsman in Concord. Afterwards, Casa Dettorre for Mule Deer steaks and Wild Pig center cut pork chops. I live about 15 min South of Walnut Creek.

[ 03-15-2003, 19:04: Message edited by: Mike Dettorre ]

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Dettorre:
Okay who has some pet loads...I already looked on the reloading page on AR but just wanted to know who else has one and insights...

I have lots of H4350 around.

IMR-4350 From 72.0 grains to 76.0 grains
Remington 9-1/2M Primer

There is quite a bit of data on that cartridge at http://stevespages.com/page8c.htm

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<lb404>
posted
I love my 9.3x64. It shoots .75" groups with two bullet weights. Holds 4 down and 1 up in the standard box, and weighs 8 lbs. scoped. It is faster than any of my 375's and has better penetration. The working pressure is higher-it is supposed to be. My RWS brass is on its 10 th. loading and only now are the primer pockets starting to loosen. A great rifle and a great caliber.I shoot 250gr. X bullets and the 286 gr. Partitions. They both are devistating killers of big game.The Swift 250 gr. is less accurate in my rifle and a little slower.I moly coated the X and Swift bullets. I think that the swift bullets with the same powder charge have lower pressure than the Barnes therefore the slightly slower speed????I have been toying with the 9.3x62 and 9,3x64 for about 8-10 years now. Both rifles have in excess of 400 rounds each through them and are still going strong.
lb404

<lb404>
posted
Sure wish I could live in California for one week only so I could bring my 9,3's and my 375's and have a real shoot! Do you guys like california wine with a gourmet dinner?
lb404

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Mike -
quote:
My only experience has been with the 9.3x62 and 270 Speers on paper, but, Ray says his experience shows them to be too soft for anything when driven over 2300 FPS. That '64 will probably push them a LOT faster than that.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Mike- How about CHABOT or a Cow Palace gun show some time!-Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike
Concord and Casa Dettorre sounds very good.

I'll try to direct Mr Ching over to this thread.

Elmo

<Mike Dettorre>
posted
Rob,

Chabot is ok. I think Elmo lives out by Sack-a-tomatoes...so I was trying to compromise.

You and the Slingman could hook up...zip across that long flat silly bridge...cut through Crow Cyn hang a left and parachute into my place. We can all pile in and head up to United...meet Elmo. You and I proceed to whip their butts in one of them der shootin fests...they have to buy the wine afterwards. We throw some meat on the old Weber and away we go.

[ 03-17-2003, 01:13: Message edited by: Mike Dettorre ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys

Anywhere is fine, Concord or Chabot is all about the same for me. Pick your favorite and I'll be there.

Mike
If you got the swine and deer,
I'll bring the wine and beer.

Elmo

one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Elmo, for letting me know about this impending event with Rob, Mike, and yourself.

Sounds like fun! Of course, I also like the 9.3x62, so I may have to straddle the fence and bring a 9.3 and a .376.

I'm traveling a fair amount for the next couple of months, but I could shake free a Saturday sometime along the way. Give me some dates, guys, and I'll let you know if I can make it.

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Mike Dettorre>
posted
I will check my busy social calendar and let every body know...in a few days.

I'll propose several so the Slingman can have his choice.