Find
Notify
Tools

64gr PP in 22-250
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Alaska Bush Man
posted
Who shoots a Win 64gr PP in their 22-250 with 1:14 Twist and what accuracy are you getting?

Thanks

Jeff
North Pole, Alaska

Red Team 98

Posts: 523 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
waveJeff,

The closest I come to that is a 62gr. Law Enforcement bullet, with 36gr. H-380, WLRM Primer, at 3354fps. avg. 6 shot 3/4" group at 50 yds.

Maybe not exactly what you were looking for but maybe you can glean something usefull from it. lolroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
I'd be surprised if a 14 twist will stabilize the 64's. Mine has a 12 twist and it shoots them very well FWIW.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
The 64gr. power point is the least accurate bullet in my 1-14" 220 Swift. That said it still shoot's about .75" and it wasn't a max load, so it was maybe 100fps slower than what you would load your 22-250 to. Still not sure why I got them exactly.

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Howa 22-250 with the 1/14 twist pukes them out in 5" groups with odvious sighns of keyholing. Velocity was about 3100 FPS

----------------------------------------

If you waste your time a talkin' to the people who don't listen
To the things that you are sayin' who do you thinks gonna hear
And if you should die explainin' how the thing they complain about
Or the things they could be changing who do you thinks gonna care

Waylon Jennings

Posts: 329 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote