Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS primer pocket uniformer?
 Login/Join

posted
Somehow I lost my Sinclair tool so I picked up a RCBS uniformer and the cutter is loose in the
holder, how is the cutter adjusted in the holder for proper depth? The cutter has a slot machined
into the side that allows for some adjustment in the holder, Is it ok to lock the set screw down
when the cutter is fully extended from the holder? Is this maximum depth? Thanks, Nathan

Posts: 15 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Contact RCBS
They will tell you the proper (measured) setting, or have you send it in for resetting.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Or even better buy yourself another Sinclair. The RCBS tool isn't near as good IMHO. You are experiencing one of the problems with it.......DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found the RCBS uniformer to be difficult to adjust---so I had my gunsmith/machinist friend make me a device which I'll try to describe. To begin with there are two depths. Small rifle .118--.122. Large rifle .128---.132. Small pistol and large pistol are both the same depth(.118-.122)as the small rifle. The uniformer comes in a plastic tube and had a plastic lid. The device is metal and is the size of the lid(it becomes the lid for the plastic tube). My friend milled two slots---one is .119 and the other is .129. These depths cover all applications. I placed a ballpoint spring in between the two cutters,so that they are spring loaded. So I can loosen the set screw and use one of the milled slots as a stop. When I loosen the set screw the cutter pops up,but the slot stops it at the exact depth and I tighten the set screw. Making it the lid of the container,it stays with the tool. My description might be confusing,if so ask and I'll try again. (The original lid slid over the tube--the new lid/tool is a plug in effect.)

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with dj - Get another Sinclair & quit screwing around. Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have ordered another Sinclair tool 2 ea. But until it shows up I will need to use the RCBS. I got it adjusted and it cuts a pocket to a depth of .1295
Thanks, Nathan

Posts: 15 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote