Notify
Tools

Kindly respond
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted
Folks

If someone replies with data or info as requested on this forum, at least post that you read it. Sometimes it will take a half hour to dig up the info and get it right / exactly typed up. Recently people have even put pictures in their photobucket (or whatever) to accommodate a fellow reloader / handloader.

It is disheartening to go to the trouble and get no reply, even after long enough to let it get read. Truly chaps the nether regions.

Thanks to everyone who helps me here!

BNagel

Posts: 4882 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be overly concerned, I have learned much from others questions here, and I always appreciate others point of view, if not always agreeing with it.

I agree however that it is common courtesy to acknowledge and reply.

Posts: 554 | Location: CT | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BNagel:
Folks

If someone replies with data or info as requested on this forum, at least post that you read it. Sometimes it will take a half hour to dig up the info and get it right / exactly typed up. Recently people have even put pictures in their photobucket (or whatever) to accommodate a fellow reloader / handloader.

It is disheartening to go to the trouble and get no reply, even after long enough to let it get read. Truly chaps the nether regions.

Thanks to everyone who helps me here!

BNagel

+1

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Well I acknowledge posting a lot of stuff after a lot of work, on stuff that I thought would be of interest to my fellow forum members...

I do have to admit tho...

I get irked when criticized by folks who haven't taken the time and the effort to show what they did to back up their opinions.. just passing on what they heard, or someone that they knew who had a bad accident without knowing 100% of the facts...etc....

and it bothers me even more after you take time to do that work and share with your fellow forum members in good faith and then you end up getting flamed, called names etc.. by others who want to emphasize their opinions, but cutting down your work and results... when they have not put in the same anount of time and energy and work to support their ccunter claims......

Please make note: THIS IS NOT AIMED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR, AND WANT THE FORUM TO KNOW I HAVE NO BATTLES GOING ON WITH ANY OTHER FORUM MEMBERS AT THIS TIME.... SO PLEASE DON'T READ ANYTHING LIKE THAT INTO MY OPINION..

Many of us have experienced what I am speaking of...

thanks for Mr Nagel for brining up this subject...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I personally feel on occaision that some of my post actually kill a thread. I post when I feel I have something to offer, it might be something simply I have expereinced through the many years but I still try to keep it on topic and if I have pictures to go with it I will share them as well.

Several times in an active thread I post info and that is the last post made on the topic, and one never knows if you actually helped out or if your post seemed to be so rediculious that knowone felt like even bothering with it.

Sometimes it looks as if you do not have 1K or more post you don't know what your talking about, but then again, sometimes those with 1K or more post seem not to as well.

Mike / Tx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is disheartening to go to the trouble and get no reply, even after long enough to let it get read.

Understand. But hoping for the courtsey of a reply is over reaching it seems.

Anyway, questions for load data is about as pointless as responding to it.

So many times on the web, people ask questions so simple or basic that it seems they are just to lazy to even try to find the correct solution or anwer for themselves. It's too much to expect them to say thanks when we do spoon feed them the info. Just the way people are...

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Thanx! (Sometimes we just need a little help with our manners, kinda like when you get a nudge ans a surreptitious "Hey, pard, your fly's down. Just thought you'd want to know."

Y'all would do the same for me.

Barry (who thinks seafire2 is right again!)

Posts: 4882 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm quite sure that these inconsiderate blokes post the very same question on many, many gun boards. Once they get the free info, they go merrily on their way not caring one whit of the trouble or bother that went into answering. Just the way it is.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the guys that ask a brainless question and then argue about the answer.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dancingso yo like a lot of guys here! dancing

disclaimer: this is meant as humor, no actual forum members were hurt in the typing of this joke.

Posts: 554 | Location: CT | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the guys that ask a brainless question and then argue about the answer.

You're WRONG!

jumping

PS: me, too!

hilbily

I agree 100% w/above; someone asks a question, receives great answers (or starts a Troll War) and then never has the decency to respond with a Thank You.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BNagel:
FolksIt is disheartening to go to the trouble and get no reply, even after long enough to let it get read. Truly chaps the nether regions.
BNagel

waveThanks for your posting coffeeroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote