New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick Load
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How reliable are the results obtained from Quick Load? What about the maximum load obtained from the program?

Regards
Pawel

Posts: 45 | Location: Poland | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
I have had great luck with mine and my guns. So far it has been very very accurate.

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of asdf
posted Hide Post
Barsness has reported errors up to 10,000 psi when testing predicted loads on a piezo bench. Used carefully, it is a good tool, though.

edit: I summarized my thoughts on such software a while back. QL and the others must be used with extreme care; QL is the best of the lot.

Posts: 977 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
It’s not gods’ gift to reloading but it’s better in many ways than other reloading programs I have. Be careful with the information it gives you. Sometimes it predicts loads that are in line with published information and sometimes there are big differences.

With that all said, I really like the program. It gives me a lot of ideas about powder choices (that I can check against published info).

Don’t plan on using a computer program to replace reloading books whose published information is based on actual lab results.

Quickloads (and other programs) is like a friend at the neighborhood bar telling a good story after a half dozen beers, it may be a true story and than again it may not.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really appreciate it (v. 3.2) even if I've found some errors, like data swapping between SNPE SP7 and SP9 powders, that could be quite dangerous, or the wrong dimensions of some bullets. I always look for confirmations for the suggested reloading data, on a reloading manual or other reliable sources. I think that one big limitation of Quickload, is the considerable variation of the case capacity, for the same caliber, between different brands, that can cause large variations of pressure. Anyway I consider it a good and useful software.

Czesc!

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote