Barnes MRX bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
Opinions???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I load them in a friends 300Winmag (a Sako and a custom by Hart) as well as his 300 Weatherby in a Vanguard sub-MOA.

They shoot very well, but so have the regular TSX and T-TSX. They have performed the same on elk as well.

My opinion is, they don't do anything a regular TSX or T-TSX can't do. I believe the MRX has a higher BC so on an extreme long shot it may have the edge.

For me, I just keep happily loading and shooting the TSX and T-TSX.

Posts: 620 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I was looking at them for a reduction of overall size per weight. IE: the they are shorter.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They have been discontinued since early 2012.

http://www.barnesbullets.com/b...ing-the-mrx-bullets/

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Dam...a day late and a dollar short!!!

I bought a box of these a while back just for working up in this rifle. Guess I will just scoot them to the back of the storage cabinet.

I would trade them for a box of .308 150g TTSXs if anybody wants them.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish Barnes made a MRX 350 gr .375 or a 450 gr .416. The shorter bullet length would not take up so much case space. I called Barnes and asked them to come out with a series of "heavy-for-caliber" MRX bullets. They said they would consider it, but the market may be too small. AIU