New
Find
Notify
Tools

Faulty RCBS PARTNER electronic powder scale
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My RCBS PARTNER scale seems to be the absolute rubbish.

The scale is not able to hold its zero. The display is attemting to form the word "Tare".

I had sent it to Pact Inc. for repair. When it came back after a few month (!) it worked for a few days but now the same problem.

Shall I throw it away or what can I do in order to fix it? I'm fond of the RCBS 10-10 scale but the electronic one drives me crazy.

Sunshine

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Call RCBS. All my dealings with them in the past have been very good experiences. Their customer service is awesome and they bend over backwards to help you.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Jethro is'nt joking,,They will make it right.Good luck,Clay.

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of milosmate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine:
My RCBS PARTNER scale seems to be the absolute rubbish.

The scale is not able to hold its zero. The display is attemting to form the word "Tare".

I had sent it to Pact Inc. for repair. When it came back after a few month (!) it worked for a few days but now the same problem.

Shall I throw it away or what can I do in order to fix it? I'm fond of the RCBS 10-10 scale but the electronic one drives me crazy.

Sunshine

Go on there web site and download the instructions for a re calibration.
The same happend to mine, its very easy to do.
If you cant find it let me know !

Regards Milosmate

Posts: 217 | Location: Christchurch,New Zealand | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the RCBS powder pro scale. I was having the same problem, and was told to let the scale warm up for about 20 - 30 minutes before use. I have done this and the problem has almost completely gone away.

[ 08-21-2003, 04:59: Message edited by: dodgestdshift ]

Posts: 26 | Location: Marilla, NY, outside of Buffalo | Registered: 11 June 2002Reply With Quote