New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Deal on brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Was at Cabela's in Buda, TX yesterday, for the first time. I wasn't looking out for all that I saw but they do have a bunch of brass. I got some brass for 340 Weatherby at 1/2 price because the boxes were crunched up. I don't care as the brass will go into containers and the boxes will get tossed in the garage anyway. Sure is cheaper building 340's for about 15-20 bucks a box compared to 48 bucks loaded. Razzer

sputster

Posts: 760 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's great you got a super deal on such good brass. BUT, being a cheap bugger like I am I have a tapered expander and make my 340 wby from 300 wby Remington cases. It works great. I neck turn alot of that brass and when I'm done with it the loaded rounds have really consistant neck tension and virutally zero runnout.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sputster:
Was at Cabela's in Buda, TX yesterday, for the first time. I wasn't looking out for all that I saw but they do have a bunch of brass. I got some brass for 340 Weatherby at 1/2 price because the boxes were crunched up. I don't care as the brass will go into containers and the boxes will get tossed in the garage anyway. Sure is cheaper building 340's for about 15-20 bucks a box compared to 48 bucks loaded. Razzer

Spud,
Did you notice any other calibers or did you clean them out ...hehe

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote