Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dryer anti-static sheets
 Login/Join

posted
How many of you use dryer anti-static sheets to reduce "static cling" of powder in powder measures, scale pans and funnels?

Is it OK to wipe the inside of a plastic powder measure (such as the RCBS Chargemaster) and the inside of an aluminum powder funnel? Is there a risk that any of the chemicals in the static-free dryer sheets might affect the usual Hodgdon, VV or Alliant powders?

Does anyone have other methods to reduce the powder clinging to the powder measures and funnels, especially the fine-grained powders such as Hodgdon H335?

Posts: 16 | Location: virginia | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
I sure use a piece of one as you noted. Keep it tucked twixt cover and hopper externally on the powder measure of the day. I don't know about chemically, but it magically removes tell-tale static cling from even the tiniest of grains and plastic.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
+1 thumb

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yep, they work. they also work very well in a tumbler to keep things not-so-messy - the brass in my observation comes out cleaner.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure do. My Lyman 1200 was acting kinda goofy and I called the factory and the lady had me wipe the whole thing down with a anti-cling sheet. Fixed it right up.
Some of that stuff you can run thru the dish washer. I wouldn't suggest an electronic powder scale, of course.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Me too! Almost like sliced bread.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote