New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deep-Shok FWIW
 Login/Join

<Zeke>
posted
Sent an e-mail to Speer asking when their Deep-Shok bullets would start shipping. Here is there response:

At present the 165gr and 180gr 0.308" Deep Shok bullets are shipping.

The 6mm, 270 and 7mm Deep Shok are supposed to be shipping in June.

Guy Neill
CCI-Speer Technical Services

ZM

one of us
Picture of Alaska Bush Man
posted Hide Post
Midway did have them for sale!

Posts: 523 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Ive got some of the 165s and cut one open, they look exceptional! I hope they will eventually expand the calibers their offered in.

Posts: 10160 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
My wife used 30-06 180 grain Deep Shok factory ammo on a kudu bull last September. Recovered the bullet under the hide on the off side and it looked like a something you would see in an advertisment photo (perfect mushroom with great weight retention).

I called Federal recently and was told they are not offering this loaded ammunition anymore.

Glad to hear they are making the bullets available. While this one positive experience does not warrant an unqualified endorsement, it certainly has my attention.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We also used the 180 Deep Shok in factory ammo a few years ago with great results.

Now I do have some 180's to reload and will test them in May on Plains Game.

Posts: 3993 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
I called Federal recently and was told they are not offering this loaded ammunition anymore.

Well, it appears Nosler and/or Sierra pissed and moaned enough that Federal acquiesced to leaving their Premium line of ammo to them. It's a shame.

I can see how they would be concerned, for sure. I'll bet the Deep-Shok will equal or out-do the good ol' Partition any day (and at a lower price!). Also, I'm sure they will easily out-perfrom anything made by Sierra. No contest.

I think the Deep-Shok caught both of these companies resting on their laurels, and now they're playing "Keep the Cat in the Bag."

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote