New
Find
Notify
Tools

loading programes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
HELP!!!! I'm very new to the world of the WEB & am looking for computerized loading programes & where would I find the POWLEY COMPUTER info ? bewildered

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get yourself a copy of the QuickLoad program. It is for any seriour reloader the best invention since smokeless powder.

For any possible combination of caliber, powder, bullet and other parameters like seating depth, temperature and barrel length it calculates you a pretty accurate estimation of the pressure curve and resulting bullet velocity.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just looked at both QuickLoad and QuickDesign. For $150 apiece are they realy worth the money?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know QuickDesign but QL is a VERY nice program with tons of real-world data. Sure it is not cheap but this is not a mass-market product, either like M$ Windows. I spent 109 € here and have no regretted it.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of asdf
posted Hide Post
The equations Powley developed are found in various programs here and there around the internet. For fun, I coded them into a standard web page. QuickLoad is far more versatile and will give you better insights into interior ballistics. I use the Powley as a check on results from QL I find questionable. NEITHER program is infallible, so be careful.

Posts: 980 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote