Find
Notify
Tools

??, belling .416 Rigby cases
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BigBores
posted
I want to shoot cast bullets in my .416 Rigby. I have a Lee Universal case mouth expander, but it's not as universal as I'd like it to be. The Rigby case is too big (fat) to fit inside the die body.
If you're a handloader of big cases, how do you accomplish this task?

GR
NRA Endowment Member

Read "Sixguns" by Keith.

Posts: 195 | Location: The AK Interior | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an RCBS neck expander die for mine. It was given to me by a friend several years ago, I don't know where he got it from.

Posts: 388 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a RCBS expander die for my 416 Rigby. I think it was around $25 dollars and they had it to me in about a week. You can adjust the die for the amount of "bell" in the case mouth you want. I ordered the die because I was having problems getting Northfork bullets to seat in my 416 Rigby cases. The grooves in the shank were getting caught in the case neck and pushing in the case shoulder. I called Mike Brady at Northfork and he told me about the RCBS die for cast bullets and it would solve my problem. Just call RCBS and tell them what you need and they will fix you up.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by waxman:
I have an RCBS neck expander die for mine. It was given to me by a friend several years ago, I don't know where he got it from.

I too am interested in using some cast bullets in the .416-probably the RCBS 350 grain flatnose gascheck loaded to about 2200 FPS with a large charge of a slow powder. I would be interested in anything you might learn using cast bullets in your .416.

Thanks

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote