Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

45 acp brass
 Login/Join

posted
hi all!new to this board and this is my first post.im going to start loading some 45acp's and would like to draw on everyones experiences along the way.im not new to reloading but havent done that much pistol.im thinking about using "once fired" from a supplier.is this a good way to save money or should i gohead and buy new?where is the best place to buy new or used brass?thanks for any help

Posts: 17 | Location: wv | Registered: 10 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had some Federal nickel plated 45 acp brass that had close to 30 loads on them and then I started to get a lot of splits. unfortunately you have to buy ammo to get them and that is a little expensive. I'm now using Starline nickel plated brass and it seems to be holding up very well with about 10 loads on them.

Posts: 110 | Location: Minden , Nebraska | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got 1000 pieces of mixed processed 45 brass from Scharch and I am very satisfied:
http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=2317376&showprevnext=1

I have tested the mixed brands at high pressure to get them to fail, and all brands seem to take the exact same load to fail.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
try brassmanbrass.com. Their prices are competetive and service first class.

Posts: 121 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I purchased 2 boxes of new ammo, 2 boxes of remanned ammo and 100 pcs of new brass. At last count I had somthing over 1200 loaded rounds and anothe couple hundred pcs of empty brass, all from the brass bucket at the range I went to 3 times (mostly to get the brass )

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
new brass from starline is the best way to go. If you want top accuracy, the brass should be all the same lot and head stamp. Starline makes std and +p 45 acp brass the last time i looked. If its just for blasting ammo, any brass will do.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote