Find
Notify
Tools

22.250, case lenth?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Acrnstlkr
posted
Ok, i got some cases from a bud that needs them reloaded. he says there once fire and just wants them reloaded. i get my caliper and measure them....1.885, im stumped? how would these get shorter than min case lenth if once fired? well i guess the guy sold him some junk, but why case size so short? im going of the hornady manual, and it says new is 1.912 and trim is 1.902, so if he xtrimed them they should be 1.982, that is if x dies exsist for 22.250. thaughs please

Freedom is not Free! So thank your Military!

Posts: 41 | Location: Chester IA. | Registered: 01 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm, those are quite short, maybe the guy he got them from trimmed them too much, then decided to get rid of them because they were too short? (Instead of scrapping them which he should have done)

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
load em and shoot em they will stretch .002" .003" hant nutin

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
I read of a guy firing ammo in a gun with a chamber that was on the high side of the specs for chamber size. When he fired new ammo in it, it would expand around the circumferince of the brass and actually shorten it length ways. Maybe something like that has happened with your brass. I would use them anyway. Brass that is a little too short isn't a problem (as long as you can seat the bullet deep enough for a good mechanical fit).

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote