New
Find
Notify
Tools

311 imperial magnum
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have an info on this one?(assuming I haven't got the name wrong)Parent case, energy, rifles chambered etc.
Thanks for any input,

Karl.

Posts: 3533 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll expand that to any magnums/wildcats designed to fire 311 bullets.

karl.

Posts: 3533 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Karl,
The .311 Imperial Magnum is the child of the Canadian Imperial Magnum company. It uses a 0.312" bullet, same as the .303 British. According to a sales catalog I have for IM it is quoted as propelling a 180 grain bullet to 3,427 fps. The case is an improved .404 Jeffery. Aside from slight differences in shoulder angle the new Remington Ultra Mags are almost an identical copy. Though the Imperial magnums are almost ten years old. The line includes a 7mm, .300, .311, .338, & .360.

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just to add a bit of info. The Canadian Imperial Magnums were built on Sako actions with someone's fibreglass stock(McMillan?). Company was in Osoyoos,British Columbia,Canada.I don't remember who's barrel's they used.I think they used the standard 404 Jeffrey case head size, unlike the Remington Ultra Mags which are trimmed to the standard .532" belted Mag size.My local dealer had one in the 300 a few years back.That's all I remember from the magazine ads of a few years back.

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a ".303 Canadian Epps Belted Magnum". This was a P14 rifle chambered for a .308 Norma with the neck opened up to handle the .311 bullet.

Years ago, using Norma 205 powder, I was able to get a little over 3100 fps with it.

Ellwood Epps sporting goods from the Orillia Ontario area did the work - I don't know if the current owners chamber for this wildcat.

Posts: 190 | Location: Manotick, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 24 September 2000Reply With Quote