Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal Primers
 Login/Join

posted
What would yall suggest to use to replace a GM210M primer. Everyone around here is out, do not want to pay extra $20 over the internet. Need to do some practice in 2 weeks. .243 Win shooting 85 TSX in front of 40.2gr of H4350, .625" 100yds at 2850fps. I know I'll have to recheck it, just wanted to hear from some experience.
Cary

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
CCI BR

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
use whatever you can find. all the talk about differences in primers i've found is just that - talk (boy will i get blasted for that statement)

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
use whatever you can find. all the talk about differences in primers i've found is just that - talk (boy will i get blasted for that statement)

Yea, you'll get blasted for that statement because is isn't true in this case though in a firearm that would only get 1.5 to 2 inch groups, you probably wouldn't notice much of a difference between Federal 210 and Federal 210M primers. In a rifle capable of consistent 0.625 inch groups, I think it's likely you would notice a difference.

If I didn't have Federal 210M primers available, I would use CCI BR 2 primers with perhaps a small adjustment in powder charge if accuracy wasn't as good as with the Federal 210M primers.

Take heart. Federal match primers are starting to hit the shelves again. On another forum, a dealer posted about getting a WHOLE pallet of Federal GM215M primers recently.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Grumulkin pretty well covered it. On the other hand, when I can't find "M" primers, I just get the regular 210 or 215 primers. Can't say as I've noticed a difference but then too I load for hunting rifles which are right around MOA.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I'll give the other federals a try.
Cary

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lately I have had a little better luck with standard Win. primers than with Federal Match. The difference in accuracy between primers is usually too small to worry much about.

Posts: 317 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 09 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
I just went ahead and paid the hazmat fee for the Federals.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote