New
Find
Notify
Tools

Press / Die Question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I finally broke my Lee Challenger press after 19 months of heavy use. I would say I got my money's worth though! It's time to buy a new press. WOO HOO.....

Question is: can I use my Lee die's on a RCBS press?

Thanks

Posts: 153 | Location: Butler County, Ohio | Registered: 23 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure.

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post

I have an RCBS and use Lee Collet Neck Sizers and Lee Factory Crimp Dies in every caliber, so I would say the answer to your question is yes.

Without guns we are subjects or victims, with guns we are citizens

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
They are all 7/8" X 14 thread. About the only ones made today that do not work are the lyman dies made for the 310 tool, and they even sell an adapter for those, though I don't know why there would be a market.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure most reloading dies are the same 7/8 X 14 thread and will work with any press.

BUT, Lee has a two year warranty. Why not get it replaced and either sell the new one or use it as a back up.

Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i take it you broke the aluminium cast linkage that the operating handle mounts into? i"ve just broken my second one! i"ve ordered a spare press, as they"re not expensive, but i"ve made a piece of 4mm steel plate to fit on the side of the old linkage and put it back together. i must be pushing too hard on it when i"m neck sizing! i also reinforced my autoprime with a piece of steel as well, as i kept breaking off the little handle when priming new cases. i got some new lapua brass which was really hard to seat. i still like lee stuff as it"s inexpensive and easy to use.
good shooting.

Posts: 669 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I where you I would get it replaced under warranty and then also get a Rock Chucker for your harder jobs....may be use the lee for smaller stuff if they have a tendancy to "mud there unders"

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a Lee classic cast press. Man this thing is solid and it has a larger opening than a rock chucker. Lee took the best features from Redding and RCBS and put em in the Classinc Cast. I love mine.

Posts: 168 | Location: Thomaston GA, USA | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote