New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's my that company sucks story/venting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I ordered from Graf's for the first time last week since the brass I was looking for was out of stock at Midway and other people had said Graf's was another good place to order from. I placed my order and got the email saying they received it, but after looking at the email I should have known something was up. It doesn't tell you anything about your order other than your order number, no inventory listed on it like at Midway. Today the box gets here and there are 100 pieces of 7x64 Breneke brass. I ordered 7.5 x 55 Swiss. I call to tell them a mistake was made and the lady told me I must have ordered the wrong stuff. I am pretty sure I didn't but ok how can I return this to you and get what I ordered. She gives me a number to put on the box, I have to ship it back and pay for the shipping. Ok, I can handle that but I also have to pay a 10% restocking fee + $2.00. Now that is utter BS. That will be the last order I place with them, I will just wait on Midway to get it back in stock next time.

Wes

----
Towards danger; but not too rashly, nor too straight

Posts: 100 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brasskeeper
posted Hide Post
I have had great service from midway and shooter supply, never had any dealings with grafs. I would have had them transfer me to a manager sometimes it helps to get somebody higher up involved. If not seems like the shipping and restocking fees would have me keeping that brass and using it for trading material or to sell on ebay.

Posts: 135 | Location: Central Kentucky | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had good service from Graf's in the past. When you order via the Web, you'll see your order sheet, make sure you print out a copy for future reference. Sorry this transaction did not work out well for you. Shit happens, I guess.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No matter what company it is or where it is located when something like this happens always get the name of someone high in the company and write them a personal letter explaining the problem. We should do this in order to correct future problems for not only our selves but many others. The problem is that we have become so weak and carry a "just don't give a care" atitude and just order from some else and things go on. The letter needs to be nice but to the point.

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grafs has always treated me well, I just returned some stuff to them and they issued a call tag for it. call back and speak to someone else.

BTW they are out of 7.5 swiss and have been for a while. they hope to get some in this summer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One time Grafs sent me the wrong bullets. I had to pay to send them back. It was B.S. If possible I use Midway or MidSouth.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerI don't know this for sure as I haven't had any problems with them , but someone told me that Midway payed the shipping to have some wrong bullets sent back after a call to them. Eeker

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Midsouth is hard to beat. They don't stock every obscure cartridge but they do pretty well. I can buy powders including the hazmat fee and shipping, cheaper than buying it locally. Most items are a buck or two to maybe 10% less than midway or cabelas.

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've always had great service at Lock Stock and Barrel. www.lockstock.com

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I probably order around 95% of my stuff from Graf's, and have never been shipped the wrong item nor have I ever had an item placed on backorder.

If you can prove that you ordered one item and received another, then it should be their responsibility to have UPS pick it up and there should be no restocking fee.

However, if you have no copy of your order, and they state you ordered the wrong item, then you're up that well known creek...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WesN,
I periodically order reloading tools, etc. from Graf's, and have never had any sort of a problem. I always order by phone, and have the manufacturer's part number for every item I order. But maybe I should start ordering online, that way I could check my order, print it out and save it for future use should a problem develop. I will be ordering from Graf's again soon!

Posts: 273 | Location: Dakota | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am pretty sure I didn't but

The internet Graf orders show what you ordered if you save it or copy it. If you called it in then that's another matter.

My observation is that since your not sure that you might consider deleting this thread. On the other hand Graf's will survive this just fine.

I spend a couple of thousand with Grafs every year and they are my favorite. To each his own.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graf's has treated me fine too. Plus I like the fact that they are catering to the surplus military crowd by getting brass and bullets for obsolete cartridges. Having picked up a couple old relics in the past few years they've added to my enjoyment that no other company would have.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote