THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    New Free Load Data Software--Reloaders Reference v9.3x74r ? ? ?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Free Load Data Software--Reloaders Reference v9.3x74r ? ? ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted
Is anyone familiar with the new downloadable reloading data source: Reloaders Reference v9.3x74r? What do you guys think about it?

You can download it here: http://sourceforge.net/project...loadersrfrnce/files/

and also from author's home page -

http://reloadersrfrnce.sourceforge.net/

Below is a quote concerning this data:

"Reloaders Reference v9.3x74r

This will be the final release for the foreseeable future. I have added every available source of data, all the calculations I could find, and any other requested add-ins. I have asked for suggestions and ideas, and gotten little or no feedback, meanwhile the downloads here are hitting between 20 and 50 per day. Quite frankly, burnout has taken its toll. The package is now split into Manuals, Targets, and the main program to make downloading the pieces ala carte simple.

As always, this program is free and is to remain that way. Any redistribution of this program must be at NO COST. Commercial use of this software without the express written consent of the author is forbidden.

The Program now includes:

- 21102 Metallic Cartridge Loads
- 13577 Shotshell Loads
- 2816 Cast Bullet Loads
- 712 Surplus Powder Loads
- Powley Calculator
- Barsness Calculator
- Alloy calculator for casters
- Trajectory Calculator
- Twist Rate Calc
- An inventory system for firearms with the ability to store photos
- Metallic Cartridge Reloading inventory
- A Complete mold reference including pictures
- Powder profiles, burn rates, Grain/CC conversions
- Powder charges held by common dippers
- Bullet lookup for factory rounds
- Factory round ballistics tables
- Cartridge Case dimensions and water capacities
- 720 Firearms manuals
- 300+ Printable Targets
- Ability to modify data tables directly and add your own data."

I haven't had a chance to examine it closely, but at first glance it appears it could be useful. I really found all the data for cast loads appealing. What do you guys think?

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had this on my old laptop. It died and I have not been smart enough to get it to download onto my new one. It has a bunch of nice features and is easy to use. I checked a bunch of the loads against manuals and all that I checked were listed loads. There was some ballistic data that I liked and a gun inventory system that I used. Lots of data and lots of useful tools all for free. I liked it.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
I downloaded, but everything is wacko. Followed
the instructions for Win 7, but it does not
function.

Our independence is dying.

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried to download it and it was infected.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the problems. I downloaded it and am running it on my XP pc and am having no problems. Neither of my two antivirus programs caught anything. I'm going to scan the file I downloaded again and see if anything shows up.

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
Does it work on apple operating system?

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote