Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading for the .375
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted
I have experience reloading for .270, .223 and 9mm on my Dillon RL 550B, however, I find no dies for the .375 on Dillon's web site. Do they not make them? If not, who does?

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know about Dillon, but almost everybody makes dies for the .375 H & H -- RCBS, Redding, Lyman, Hornady, etc.

It may be that Dillon, which is primarily builds equipment for high volume handgun loading, does not make a press with enough throat for a 3.6" long .375 H & H?

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They don't make dies for the vast majority of calibers that you can load on their presses. Look again: they have caliber conversion kits for .375. That, and a $30 set of dies from the usual makers, is all you need.

Of course, you'll have to lube the cases before running them into the press, then pull them off after decapping to clean them. It won't be nearly as fast as the pistol cartridges. It will be faster than a single-stage press though. I'd get a single stage and do them manually, myself. That way you can weigh every charge. My .375 is bloody accurate, when I do my part, and it pleases me to load match-quality ammo for it.

Pertinax

Posts: 444 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello DennisHP,

Reloading 375H&H on my RL550B has not been a problem for me. The tip of the bullet barely clears the Lee Factory Crimp die when seated at 3.600" OAL. Dillon just does not make the dies for it a the moment.

I like your "sign-off line", good advice indeed!

Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
Looks like non-Dillon for me. Not that I have aversions to other manufacturers, I just thought since all my other equipment is Dillon....

Thanks!

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote