New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loads for 7WSM?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The 7WSM is on the way. I have looked at 15 pages and have only seen one load posted.

Anybody have 7WSM loads that they would like to share? I am interested in bullet weights in 140 & 150gr class.

Thanks,

SAM

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
Check this site for loading data www.shortmags.org

I have used both imr 7828 and RL22 successfully with the 140 gr Sierra SBT. My instrumental velocities are 3185 fps at 50F.

This is a very easy case to reload. All of my reloads so far have been FL sized except for neck sizing the unfired new cases.

You can email me if you like but each rifle is a law unto it's own. The Hornady data in particular shows many powders.

I use 83 grs of water as the base in my Aement "Calcuload" internal program and this is right on also.

To add that I got a one hole three shot group at 100 yds with imr 7828, CCI 200 primers and the Sierra 150 gr MK!

While you wait for the rifle you could download a free internal program. The powley formulas are freeware and work with imr powders.

What rifle did you order?

[ 11-01-2002, 18:41: Message edited by: Don Martin29 ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
DON,

Many thanks!

I have talked to Hornady and got some info from them. I will look into your recommendations.

I ordered a stock Winchester Mod. 70 Classic with Laminated stock. I generally am a Remington man for such calibers, but I liked this offering and decided to give it it try.

I will post my results when I have finished.

Appreciate your time.

SAM

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote