New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Giraud case trimmer...
 Login/Join

<Abe Normal>
posted
Anyone out there using one of Doug Giraud's case trimmers or have any opinions about it?
At almost $350 it seems somewhat pricey, but if works as advertised, it should be one heck of a good tool!

------------------
Abe

If everyone thought like me, I'd be a damn fool to think any differently!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow...at that price I believe I'd send my cases to someone like Arizona Ammunition and pay them to do it. As I recall they will resize. trim and benchrest prep for less than $0.10 a case. You could do 3000 cases and still be ahead.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<BRENT5412>
posted
I have read several posts on AR15.com and all of them swear by it. They say it is better than the gracey. The pics I have seen of it make it look very nice and very well built.

<Abe Normal>
posted
I found this contact information for Doug. If you write him and ask for the instruction manual he'll email it to you in short order.

I'd post it here, but I'm just to d@mn stupid when it comes to this computer stuff, I'm lucky if I can figure out how to turn the blasted thing on and off correctly! OBTW, the Del key is not my friend (my new mantra)

email address is dhg2@aol.com,

Doug Giraud

Sugar Land, Texas

------------------
Abe

If everyone thought like me, I'd be a damn fool to think any differently!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abe Normal:
email address is dhg2@aol.com,

I tried the above mail address, but my system was unable to deliver the mail. Anybody know if this is still the right mail address for Giraud??

Thanks a bunch in advance - mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is the web site for the Giraud Tool Co.

GTC Home Page

The User Manual can be found by clicking the link for the trimmer and scrolling to the borrom of the page, or use the link below to go directly to the manual.

Trimmer Manual

I hope this helps and I would appreciate any thoughts on this trimmer. Like the Gracey, you need a different shell holder per caliber. Giraud claims a .001" potential after developing the right 'feel' for inserting and twisting the case.
Gracey claims a .002" potential, also after practice.

Cheers,
XWind

[ 01-19-2003, 04:06: Message edited by: XWind ]

Posts: 203 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Abe Normal>
posted
Doug Giraud's new email address...

dhg2@ev1.net

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DB Bill, there is nothing on their web site about them providing that service. Would be hard to imagine they could do it for 10 cents but then it is probably all machine done. I have 5000 rounds of .223 to do, so $ wise it wouldn't work but I hate the thought of doing all that by hand, even with a unit that trims and bevels at the same time.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote