THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Getting lubricant and tumbler media out of cases - ?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting lubricant and tumbler media out of cases - ?
 Login/Join

<JB WI>
posted
I recently resized some new .338 win mag brass and used RCBS Case Lube-2. After full length resizing, I tumbled the cases in corn cob media for an hour to re-clean and remove the lubricant. In a few of the cases, there was media coagulated with lubricant inside the case in the shoulder area. Tried to blow this out with an air compressor, but that didn't remove all of it. I'll probably try swabbing with a Q-Tip next. Should I be looking at different lubricant, using less lubricant or perhaps dry lubricant? Used graphite for lubricating the inside of case necks years ago and didn't like it. It didn't seem to do a good job of actually lubricating. Thanks in advance for input.

<KTS>
posted
I use the Lee case lube. have had the same problem from time to time and just wrote it off to the hazerds of tumbling.
After I size and clean I always debur inside/outside neck, I have an RCBS Case Prep center and just have the flash hole deburring tool set up, I've gotten into the routine to peek down each case and see if its clogged up down in there not too often do I find a 'glob' of media down in the case but I always find a piece or two stuck in the flash hole on a lot of cases.
Being the paranoid type I always check again as I'm priming.
Wes

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I take my cases, whenever they have to be "washed" and put them in an ultrasonic bath filled with either MEK, TCE or industrial acetone.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote