Find
Notify
Tools

Bullet Comparator - Which one?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
I've been using Sinclair's bullet comparator since 1996 and I've decided that I'm sick of it. Maybe mine has some concentricity problems, because it tends to wobble a little on the bullet and it takes a certain amount of "feel" to get it just right. I don't want to second guess it anymore.

Which one do you recommend?

Thanks!

Kenati

NOT THIS ONE:

The Davidson?

The Stoney Point?

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
My personal rankings:

1. Davidson
2. Stoney Point
3. Sinclair

FWIW,
RSY

The real work of men was hunting meat. The invention of agriculture was a giant step in the wrong direction, leading to serfdom, cities, and empire. From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information. - Edward Abbey

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stony Point, used in conjunction with their OAL gauge, meets my needs well for loading 16 different cartridges. I agree that the Sinclare is minimally useful.

Posts: 168 | Location: No. Minnesota | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas.

Happy Mardi Gras!

Le Bon Temps Roule!

-Kenati

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I started with the Sinclair and changed to the Stoney Point, which I am much happier with (doesn't require three hands). What's better about the Davidson?