New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Speer data for .357 mag load
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
H110, 158 gr. Speer Gold Dot HP, rem small pistol primer. I have loaded from 14.9 to 15.7 grains of H110 at a COAL of 1.587" based on Hodgdon & Hornady manuals & a few websites, but I don't have a Speer manual.
Am I in the right neighborhood for my Ruger GP 100 .357?

Posts: 171 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 13 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
From Speer #12, 13.9 to 15.5 and Magnum primer.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sam

Posts: 171 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 13 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When you have a bullet that you don't have the exact load for find 2 or 3 bullets of the same weight and style pick the middle of the load data and start there.

Posts: 19620 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
When you have a bullet that you don't have the exact load for find 2 or 3 bullets of the same weight and style pick the middle of the load data and start there.

That is pretty much how I came up with what I had - 14.9 gr. start (I figured that as mid range from Hornady & Hodgdon data). I just thought I would check since my components were all different.

One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
You're welcome. It never hurts to sanity check a load. I've played the pick a number game with conflicting data from a bullet company and a powder company and the have different load ranges for the same combination.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote