THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: Need help H-Li'l Gun has bonded to my dispenser?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Need help H-Li'l Gun has bonded to my dispenser?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I had that happen a few years ago with my Uniflow and after I went to lengths trying to clean it I came up with the opinion that if I couldn't scrub them out, then they weren't going to fall out on their own. I left the grains right there and refilled it with whatever I wanted to use at the time. I'm still here, so nothing catastrophic has happened yet.

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MarkWhite, soap and water does absolutely jack squat. It's no big deal, I've already got it completely disassembled with the drum out etc. so I'll just get after it with a screwdriver and clean it out then maybe run around the inside of it with a stove lighter where the canister and metal meet to burn out any remaining grains that might be hiding in there, doubt there will be any.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to scraping out the dispenser last night. With a screwdriver it all came out fairly easily except for few grains in the bottom of the dispenser. Just wish I didn't have a pitted, discolored dispenser, but there are worse things.

Thanks for all the info. I'll be more mindful about leaving powder in the dispenser from here on out. I've been loading for years. I'm surprised this is the first time it's happened.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Perforator
posted Hide Post
If you mount a dry erase board on the wall, then you can log the powder type, cailiber in the press, primer type in the primer tube and any relevant notes. I have a bad habit of leaving powder in my press (Dillon 550B)and have noticed that the blue hopper has taken on a yellow tone but no sticking or erosion. I would get a new powder measure and chaulk it up as a lesson learned.

Posts: 399 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote