Find
Notify
Tools

how do I price used brass.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted
Selling some .243 brass I have since I sold the .243 Most just sorted brass by head stamp, but have some match brass to. Just don't know what is fair for both sides. Any advice?

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
By the pound using scrap prices.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
Wish I could by it by the pound at scrap prices when I need it

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
I would go to Gunbroker.com and look at 243 used brass, do some thinking and set a price that seems fair to you. Your brass, your market to make.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Start at 50% of new prices and be willing to listen to offers if it isn't moving.
Used brass really shouldn't net a premium unless it is hard to find stuff.
Scrap is 1.00 a pound at my local metal recycler as of 2 weeks ago.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes, it totally depends on supply and demand; rare used brass is worth more than common brass; for example, 40 cal pistol brass is literally as common as dirt, due to all the police agencies using it.

Posts: 17296 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
Once fired is going for $20 to

once fired clean $20 $25 per 100pcs.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I have sold one or two time fired brass I price it at half of what new brass is bringing and have never had any problem selling it, but it is always same headstamp. If somebody is selling mixed brand brass that I need I discount heavily because I as well as most handloaders don't mix brands. If you can sort it and sell individual lots by brand you will probably do better.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
2 things here. has it been reloaded, or once fired.. I buy once fired brass from Diamond K Brass LLC .com right now there .243 once fired brass is $27.00 per 100

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Like Snellstrom said.

Start with 50% below new price of same namebrand head stamp.

As a tip.....don't de-cap and clean

You won't recoup your time
As many steer clear of polished "once fired" brass

I for one want unprocessed once fired

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I price mine at 70-75% of new, if it's once fired.
If I'm buying, I will offer 50% of new and see where I get.
I'm rather lucky, a local shop to me has it's own range, they test fire rifles and handguns after alteration/repairs and also offer a sight in service on new guns or scopes.
I have an ongoing agreement to take once fired cases in 100 lots in the cals I want for 50% of new. My supply has been very good with Win and Rem brass, with the occasional Norma and Lapua thrown in.
I have enough 300WM cases to last a very long time, and it's all pretty good quality wise.

Cheers.
popcorn

Posts: 683 | Location: N E Victoria, Australia. | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the replies. Got it priced and some sold.

Time to move on to a .308

be safe everyone.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I PM'ed you as well but didn't get a response...

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are link slinkies?