Find
Notify
Tools

barrel vibration reducer?!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
Anyone ever hear of this new product from limbsaver??

"Deresonator"

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bullshit.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got one, but haven't used it enough to say it works or not, only used it on one rifle, made no difference on it. It did reduce groups on a friends weatherby vanguard .270, reduced groups from just over an inch to 3/4" at 100yds using the same factory load. They're a bugger to remove once they're on, but it may help with some rifles. It's worth $12 to find out, and if it doesn't help on one, it may on another.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Is it something you can slide along the barrel to see if there is a "sweet" spot for vibration dampening?

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

Picture of Burgie
posted Hide Post
Or how about a split two piece shaft collar. The guys are talking about how well they work on their mini-14 barrels. At least the steel or alum. shaft collar would look better than a piece of rubber. Just my ideas.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to another barrel stabilizer called the "Biathlon Stabilizer".
http://www.henrich3.com/biathalon_stabilizer.htm

It was designed for the US Biathlon Team. I put one on my Ruger Mini-30 and it works great. As most of you know the Ruger Mini's are poor shooters. This is what my Mini 30 will shoot at 100 yards with the Biathlon installed.

I do believe that the Limbsaver device can work. It just looks like some kind of plumbing thingy to unplug a toilet. JMHO

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote