Notify
Tools

Re: Barrel Cleaning and Accuracy Trade-off
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Danny Boy,

Quote:

I know I rush the shots a bit as I had a golf game to attend to in the afternoon.

You would leave a perfectly acceptable, morally righteous, example-setting activity to go to a heathen infested golf course ?

Hammer

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Golf? Did you really say Golf!?

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Danny,

Don't hesitate to try that H4831SC with the heavier bullets, though 1MOA will do you. More records with the 300WM have been set with H4831 (long and SC) behind bullets approx 190 to 220 grains than any other powder. I do feel a little bit embarrased for you though, letting the public know that you hurried the shooting to go play golf

Posts: 395 | Location: Tremonton, UT | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I can't believe he's old enough to play golf...... Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why in the world would anyone want to shoot innocent golfs?
Bear in Fairbanks

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The final step to true rehabilitation is mounting the face of bertha on the bullseye and taking out the sweet spot. Heck,give it to me and I'll do it for you Danny. I have always felt a little sorry for golfers and would be willing to help lift you from your miseries. If you decide to do it yourself, make sure it is with a good load. If you don't hit the sweat spot right off, there is a chance of the urges to pull her from the target, then you'll be hooked worse than you were before. Thus, another reason of many for accurate loads!

Posts: 395 | Location: Tremonton, UT | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beemanbeme,
Why are you insulting drunks by comparing them to golfers?

Jeff

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Danny,
I'm proud of you! Opening up in public that you're a golfer is the first step toward rehabilitation. You can't help a drunk until he admits he's a drunk. Now find yourself a good one step program and put big bertha back in her closet.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yah Beemanbeme, that is stuping pretty low!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Does it complicate matters if you clean golf balls ?

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just to complicate matters, a lot of guns shoot better if you never clean them..I have an 06 that shoots sub minute groups and I never clean it..I cleaned it one time and it had about 1000 rounds at the time as I knew it shot better without cleaning, and accuracy went to hell until I shot about 100 rounds through it, I have not cleaned it since..

Most guns shoot well up to 20 to 30 rounds and need a good cleaning for top accuracy...Hunting accuracy is usually acceptable even if you don't clean them...

I believe more bores have been ruined by cleaning rods than shooting BTW...keep that rod off the throat and be carefull with that patch...

Wipe Out is my hero today, and I like the bore snakes for hunting trips.

Posts: 41986 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, you just use the same turtle wax you use to polish your (the golfer's) bald head.