New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bonanza Benchrest - Need Direction
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was out on the west coast a week back and I was doing the big Seattle area Gunshow. To make a long story short I bought a Remington Model 700 BDL in caliber 17 Remington. At the same show I bought 5 boxes of new 17 Remington brass for $10.00 (what a steal this was!) - then I went looking for dies.
I found a set of Forster/Bonanza "Benchrest" dies late Sunday and for $22.00 they were mine. The set consisted of a standard looking sizing die marked "Forster" and a cool looking and well made benchrest style seating die marked "Bonanza Benchrest Seater".
I have never used this brand or style of dies before and there were no directions in the red box. The dies look new and have not been wrenched on or set (locking rings loose!).
I am sure I can get the sizing die to function but I am a little worried by the large bodied benchrest style seating die.
Does anyone out there have experience with this type die and are there any tips or secrets that you can send my way?
Thanks in advance.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VG this should take care of you bud.

Forster

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
You got a fantastic deal on some great dies. I've been slowly buying the Forster seater dies (replacing the std seater dies) for my most used cartridges.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jay Johnson: You da'man!
That is exactly what I needed.
I mean I own my own computer you would think I would be smart enough to do a search and find that site (info) for myself!
I am so brain washed into thinking the only directions and specifications should be "inside" the die box and NO WHERE ELSE!
Woe is me - sometimes!
Thanks again Johnny!
5 days and counting down with ya!
I'll buy you and the Mrs. dinner when I get to the coast next time!
Thanks again guys.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VG you can print that baby out and put it in the box it looks like the real McCoy. Wish you were right on the 5 I still have six days after today then it's the life of Reily. thumb

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote