Notify
Tools

Barnes Triple shock loading info
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted
Hello,

I picked up the new triple shock bullets from Barnes in 243, 375 H&H and 458. I have used the regular Barnes X for several years now in 30 call and 458 and 45-70 and muzzleloader.

I found out much to my dismay homer that the loading info is different for the triple shock than the regular X bullet.

I don't want to have to buy the new loading manual unless I have to so does anyone know of a free link to loading info on triple shock bullets???? Confused

THANKS beer

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would use the same data as a starting point. Most of the time the XXX's show lower pressure signs than the typical X bullets.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually the original x bullets show pressure signs with lesser powder charges than the tsx.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe there is a manual available, which actually lists loads specifically for TSX - at least not yet. Every TSX box contains a little sheet explaining what to expect in terms of pressure. As the other guys have pointed out, one can normally load 1-2 grains above regular X loads. Work up from below, and you'll be fine.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Yep, just use regular X data and work up. I've found the best results with TSXs right at the book max for regular X bullets in three rifles so far.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto what everyone else says. You can also call Barnes and get some information.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used the Barnes data a chron and worked up a load for my 7/08 with 140's and Varget. Turns out the max load (at 2900 fps) split the difference between the max X load and the max for the coated XLC, or about 1 gain more than for X.

Posts: 168 | Location: No. Minnesota | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Here's the link to the Barnes TSX loading guidelines:
http://www.barnesbullets.com/tsxguidelines.php

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12713 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You should like the TSX. The work great for me. If you have a specific question about your caliber data on the TSX you can also email Barnes. Ty responds with detailed information.
Good Luck

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote