New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which shellholder?!?!?!?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know I'm a computer idiot but I can't find which shellholder I need for the 450/400. What # is it by any manufacturer? I can't find it any of my many books either. Maybe I am more stupid than I thought!!!!!

DRSS: E. M. Reilley 500 BPE
E. Goldmann in Erfurt, 11.15 X 60R

Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
One of the few sets of dies I have that are hornady, but the shell holder is a number 25 part number 390565. Don't like Hornady dies but when I needed some for the 450/400 that is all I could find at the time.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks McKay...I assume that's a Hornady #?

I have one set of Hornady dies for my 8.15 X 46R and I don't like them either, but I don't want to spend 2 C notes on RCBS. Hornady's were $68.00...but then it appears there's a reason for that.

DRSS: E. M. Reilley 500 BPE
E. Goldmann in Erfurt, 11.15 X 60R

Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RCBS offers it, but it is not assigned a number. Call them at 1-800-533-5000 and talk to them.

Additionally, Midway lists it but shows it as out of stock with backorder okay, due in 8/31.

Hope this helps...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Ya that's a hornady number. Supprisingly the horandy 450/400 dies were decent.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote