New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Chronograph shoot out --Oehler Needed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Since you're in Texas, you might call Oehler here in Austin. They might loan you one. Especially if they're confident in their product.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Let's have a chronograph test/range outing.

I have long heard of all the differences and bias towards this or that chronograph, for whatever reason. I'd like to take representatives from Shooting chrony, Pact, and Oehler

Who has an Oehler in the Houston area, and would available for meeting either this weekend or next?

Models so far are a pact professional, shooting chrony beta master, and to validate, we need a oehler.

I plan to bring some match 22 long rifle, factory 708, and some 376 steyr handloads...

while this is statistically insignificant, I would like to fire 10 rounds over each chrono, from each gun, record the reported velocities of each, perform standard deviation on each string.. and then of the entire 30 rounds fired from each gun. The reporting will be made fully public, and you all can decide.

Who has an Oehler they want to place into the firing line?

Who would be interested in the results?

Jeffe

Posts: 39682 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm anxiously awaiting the results of your test.

Posts: 257 | Location: Torrance, Ca | Registered: 02 July 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
in the great dry voice of ben stein

" I am looking for the third party... anyone? anyone?/..... oehler?"

Come On,,, there's got to be a guy in the houston area that wants to do a head to head.

Thanks for the offer on the f1... i've got a couple of folks who would want to do this one

Come On, I need an Oehler to lay this totally-statisticaly-insignificant test out

jeffe

Posts: 39682 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leet me know if you like I can mail you my chrony F1 basic, and you can include it. I would like it validated or vindicated, or calibrated.

I will mail it for free to you, so long as you send some representative bullets in the test. I will be happy to provide a fresh battery as well!!!

Jameister@aol.com

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote