New
Find
Notify
Tools

Low Temperature Powder for 223
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Good Morning Guys . I follow this forum a lot but don't post much . I am about to develope a 223 load for late season use and was curious what powder you guys recommend.The Max. low temp. would be -5F and the powder would have to meter well . Mag primers would be used .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use H335 but it doesn't say its temp insensitive. I don't know if -5 would affect it or not. The mag primers would make a difference. It meters very well.

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Varget, Benchmark and I believe H 322 say that they are not temp sensitive and all three make a good accurate 223 powder...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
up here in minesota where it does get cold H335 works well. about 26.3 grains of it behind a 55 nosler BT

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote