New
Find
Notify
Tools

.350 Rem/IMR4064/225 gr. TSX
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm curious whether anyone has any experience using IMR 4064 with the Barnes 225 TSX in the .350 Remington.

I'm loading for a Model 673, and so must keep over-all length within the 2.80" SAAMI standard. As a result, even middle-range loads, as recommended in the Barnes manual, are subject to substantial compression, and the max-end loads seem significantly compressed.

I've got no problems with moderate compression, but this combination has me concerned. I began working up a load, but have stopped, not because I've been getting pressure signs, but merely because the degree of compression in the additional loads are making me uneasy.

Any response from someone having real-world experience with this combination would be appreciated.

Posts: 178 | Location: New York | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing against the Barnes but using a monolithic bullet doesn't seem the best choice to me in the 673 as they probably will take up too much case capacity and or magazine space.

Gary

one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
whiteeagle,

I use the 225 gr TSX in my 35 Whelen and the 350 RM is about the same case capacity. I really like this bullet. But I also understand you need to get powder into the case under length limitations.

My recommendation to you is to either go to a faster powder such as IMR 3031, or go to a denser powder such as Hogdon 380 or 414.

Good shooting
BigBullet

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1224 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote