New
Find
Notify
Tools

470 NE reloading setup ???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is all/the best way to get set up for reloading the 470 NE?

Thanks

DRSS &
Bolt Action Trash

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AzGuy:
What is all/the best way to get set up for reloading the 470 NE?

Thanks

New Guy had some real good list. I bought everything he had on his list when I bought a 470 from him. Still using it. Maybe you can ask him.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dies, shellholder (or coax press) loading data. not any difference from anything else, but have to have a press with a long enough throw. i use my coax which means i have to sort of tip the bullets into the die at the same time as the case, but it works fine. you will find that chamfering the case mouth with help too

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can not find the list but I bought the following: RCBS Dies and Shellholder, Lee Classic Press, my RCBS was too small, Forster Trimmer, my RCBS was too small, Bonanza Primer Press, 50 BMG Deburing Tool, Proper sized Reloading Tray, A-Suare Reloading Manual and Gramme Wrights Book Loading the British Double which is excellent.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Big rounds need big bresses. I load my 404jeffery & 45-110 on a RCBS AmmoMAster. It was made for 50BMG, so handles everything below that. The new RCBS RockChucker has a larger "window" so would also work. It's a big case that requires a good amount of force. A Lee may work, but for how long? The Forster case trimmer will work w/ extended base. The Hornady hand priming tool is great, uses the same shell holder for your press. RCBS or Redding dies, loading info. If you want the page on 470, pm & I'll let you borrow it. Wink

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the Lee and the RCBS and the Lee is as good as the RCBS.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tradewinds:
I have the Lee and the RCBS and the Lee is as good as the RCBS.

Really, how many rounds of 470 or sim. have you loaded on it? Get back to me on then being equal after couple 1000rds. Roll Eyes

one of us
posted Hide Post
i use it every day for the last two years for all my loading. For the money it can not be beat. My God your only sizing and seating a bullet.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tradewinds:
i use it every day for the last two years for all my loading. For the money it can not be beat. My God your only sizing and seating a bullet.

Sizing a case is the most stress you will put on the case. The bigger the case, the more stress on the press. Like I said, after you have full length sized your 470 1000x, get back to me on how it's doing. You are roght though, seating a bullet can be done w/ just about anything.