Notify
Tools

PRVI PARTIZAN RIFLE BRASS ??????????
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tred1956
posted
Hi,
Looking for some brass to form into 219 Wasp (pretty time intense) and have never used PRVI PARTIZAN RIFLE BRASS before. Powder Valley has it in stock. Would appreciate any input. Would also ask if anyone knows who might have 219 Zipper brass for sale.

Thanks
Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better.

Posts: 2583 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rapidrob
posted Hide Post
Privy brass is first rate. Their factory is state of the art.

Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club
NRA Endowment Member
President NM MILSURPS

Posts: 447 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 28 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Go for it. I have read many good reports on PPI brass and do not recall any bad ones.

My own experience with it has been limited but positive just the same.

Posts: 10160 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In 30-06 Privi brass is rather soft. Running them through my M-1 Garand the rims get pretty chewed up compared to other brand and military. It is still usable but sometimes a tough fit in the shell holder. Of course the M-1 is really hard on brass.

Posts: 662 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tred1956:
Hi,
Looking for some brass to form into 219 Wasp (pretty time intense) and have never used PRVI PARTIZAN RIFLE BRASS before. Powder Valley has it in stock. Would appreciate any input. Would also ask if anyone knows who might have 219 Zipper brass for sale.

Thanks
Doug

There's a guy on Gunbroker who sells 1x fired 30-30 brass converted to 219 Zipper. I form my Zipper brass myself from 30-30 and it works well. 25-35 Win brass, if you can find it, already has the shoulder pushed back to the right place and is just a full length size and trim away from Zipper specs. According to Natchez and Brownells web site Winchester is ceasing production of 25-35 brass, not just temporarily suspending production.

Posts: 130 | Location: mo | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I use a lot of Privi 9.3x62 brass and it is excellent; fully as good or better than any other.

Posts: 17193 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
E Arthur Brown Co sells formed 219 Wasp brass @ $89 /100. look under custom brass at www.eabco.com

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I buy most of 9.3x62 my brass from Graff. Prvi makes that brass for them. It's about the best brass I have used and it cost no more than 30-06 brass from Win. or Rem..much cheaper than Lapua. Hornaber,Hornady, or Norma.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42015 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote