Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading Room Pics: Zwei
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,
Thought I would include a few pics I failed to post in the first lot. As you might of guessed I just figured out this whole picture posting bit... Didn't take but four years.... sad... very sad... [Wink]

Heres the safe. Picked it up from a bank for moving costs... Tricky part WAS moving the blessed thing... Door weighs 4500lbs and the whole thing weights just over 11,300 lbs... Should have been there the day I started to open the door and it starts to groan and tip forwards toward me... Door caught it, however, I know what fear is....(big grin)
 -

A look inside. Interior was custom built from solid birch...
 -

The top two drawers are Pistols & Revolvers with the middle drawer being my Leica Shrine...(big grin)
 -

And here's my pegboard for storing hearing protection, cleaning rods, and what used to by my Mathews MQ-32...;-) That is heading to Stick early this coming week...
 -

RIFLE, HANDLOADER, SUCESSFUL HUNTER, VARMINT HUNTER. and ACCURATE RIFLE ONLY....(grin) Coffee table whittled out of a modest pile of Cherry some years ago by my older brother... Rescued, and refinished, from use as a Laundry Detergent Holder.
 -
Regards, Matt.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn Dude-- That's way nice and cool. I see you have excellent taste in your pistolas. I also love my S&W's. The only Colts that I have on hand are a couple of 1911's and 3 1911A1's. Now, as for Colt revolvers, only 3-- one pristine New Service in 45 Colt and two non cataloged New Frontiers,both in 5 1/2" in 44 Sp and 45 Colt. All the rest of my stuff is FA's and Rugers. [Cool]

one of us
posted Hide Post
475Guy,
Thank you very much. Love those old Smiths...
Most of which were given to me by my older brother or father. I'm kind of a Custom 1911 Nut... Prefer to start with the ones with the little horsey on the side... [Big Grin]

I'm not much on revolvers, however, I lust after Freedom Arms... Will pick one up when the funds allow. Had a chance to buy a very early Premier Grade 7.5" with all three .45 cylinders(Colt, ACP, and Casull). Also included an early FA Holster as well as some of the early factory Tri-plex loads. Offered a friend of a friend $400 more than he paid, which was more than fair, and he choose to wait for a pidgeon... Never came.

Regards, Matt.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt--The market is saturated with FA 83's in 454 right now. If you don't mind buying a used one, you could get a pretty good deal. I've got one on hold right now until the guy gets back from the games in the desert. It comes w/45 Colt cyl, 45 ACP cyl which is all I need out this gun. Most FA's advertised seem to be in pristine condition but I've seen some dogs and they were loose as a goose. [Cool] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]