New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midway digital scale...died?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I normally use a littly Lyman digital scale, but I got a bigger, supposedly better (much bigger) scale that midway produces.
While it was in the house, before I had time to take it up to the reloading shed, I found it with the little wieghts sitting on the plate. They add up to 100grams.

Someone was cleaning up would keep putting them on there. Can leaving any sort of wieght on a digital scale damage it?
The thing won't turn on, but the battery is not flat.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are easy to damage if you overload them.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
<green 788>
posted
My RCBS Partner scale goes nuts every now and then...

I don't believe that the weights would cause your scale not to come on.

Disconnect the battery, and leave it loose for about ten minutes, or even overnight.

Touch the 9 volt battery to your tongue to be sure it has voltage on it (believe me, you'll know [Eek!] ).

Reconnect the battery and see if it will power up then.

Dan

one of us
posted Hide Post
These things will on occassion "go to sleep" and you need to do a start-up routine..if you contact Customer Service they can tell you how to do it. It isn't difficult but you need to do the steps in a specific order.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote