Find
Notify
Tools

Broken decapper
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
On my RCBS carbide sizing die for 45 ACP I broke the decapper pin and bent the threaded spindle. Can someone on the other side of the pond tell me what the part(s) number is so I can order a new one(s)? I checked Huntington's site but there are several decapper references and I can't tell which is the correct one. Thanks for any help.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Decapping unit, 09622
Decap pin holder, 09611
Decap rod, 09616
Decap pin, 09609

Hope this helps.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
On my RCBS carbide sizing die for 45 ACP I broke the decapper pin and bent the threaded spindle

At least here in the states RCBS will replace broken parts for free. Couldn't hurt to ask.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They replace all and any broken parts free,on anything with no questions asked!!! RCBS is great in that respect. van

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of shooter44
posted Hide Post
RCBS has been the cats ass. They have been more then good to me,
heres the tech support email to contact them.
rcbs.tech@ATK.COM
they have replaced powder measure parts, die part etc for me free and no questions asked.

head shot's don't leave blood trails

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
At least here in the states RCBS will replace broken parts for free. Couldn't hurt to ask.

I wouldn't ask if it was my fault something broke, but I had a very old rcbs hand priming tool, like about 20 years old, and metal fatigue got the handle to fall off.

Asked the Australian agent about it, who said it was so old they didn't make parts anymore.
So they sent me a part for the new model.

Even though I couldn't use it. Still, they were determined to replace something. killpc

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shooter44:
RCBS has been the cats ass. They have been more then good to me,
heres the tech support email to contact them.
rcbs.tech@ATK.COM
they have replaced powder measure parts, die part etc for me free and no questions asked.

You're right on! They have been more than good to me too, with anything I needed fixed, or something made up special. That's worth a whole lot to me, and I never forget who treats customers right.
For guys starting out in the reloading business, I try to stear them to the RCBS kit they sell, as opposed to some other kits that are sold. I think the RCBS kit is the best too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As per above responses- Call RCBS!
I have flat out told them I screwed the pooch and destroyed some part or another of their stuff- ALWAYS came through and replaced it free without even laughing at me for my errors.
Others are good but Green has never let me down.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM Sent!

Posts: 438 | Location: California | Registered: 01 December 2004Reply With Quote