Find
Notify
Tools

Trailboss Powder in a .222 Rem
 Login/Join

Picture of Bluegroper
posted
Hi Guys
I have just done some work with Trailboss powder in my .222 and thought I would share.
http://ahuntersreflection.blog...ading-ramblings.html

Chris

Posts: 22 | Location: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: 06 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice...Trail Boss is some neat powder to experiment with.

Posts: 34 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 18 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting....I did some experimenting with trail Boss in a .223 and a .223AI and was going for 22 mag velocities....and got it, with more than acceptable accuracy.

And apparently I had the same idea regarding bunnies..... Wink

Posts: 81 | Location: Montana | Registered: 23 December 2015Reply With Quote
Picture of Bluegroper
posted Hide Post
Nice rabbits they make for a much better photo than when taken with full power loads.

Posts: 22 | Location: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: 06 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks...those and a bunch of others were all head shot, and headed for the freezer! Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information, Bluegroper.

It's something I want to try with my .223 soon.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe there is that many rabbits within 5 miles of me....nice, great eating!!!

DRSS: E. M. Reilley 500 BPE
E. Goldmann in Erfurt, 11.15 X 60R

Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bren7X64:

Bren: FWIW my .223 likes 8.0 grains of Trail Boss under just about any 55 grain bullet. More experimentation and picking peoples brains came up with 12.5 Gr. of IMR 4198 behind a 55 or 50 grain bullet. This is the load I have settled on because its easier to find IMR4198 in my area, and I use a lot of it in other loadings..

One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nyalubwe:
quote:
Originally posted by Bren7X64:

Bren: FWIW my .223 likes 8.0 grains of Trail Boss under just about any 55 grain bullet. More experimentation and picking peoples brains came up with 12.5 Gr. of IMR 4198 behind a 55 or 50 grain bullet. This is the load I have settled on because its easier to find IMR4198 in my area, and I use a lot of it in other loadings..

Thanks, Leopard-man - I can't get many IMR powders here, but Trail Boss is pretty easy.

Thanks anyway.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote