THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Opinions on "Dog-Gone-Good" shooting bags

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on "Dog-Gone-Good" shooting bags
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
Hi everyone. I'm getting tired of my make-shift setup for bench work. Eventhough I've invested TONS of money in reloading equipment and rifles, I've never sprung for a "real" benchrest. And quite frankly, it still kills me to write a $250-$350 check for one (and that's WITHOUT the rear leather bag).

So... What do you think of this alternative?

Dog-Gone-Good

www.dog-gone-good.com

-

Do you see any problems using this setup? I'm wide open to your thoughts.

Thanks!

Kenati

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I love mine. No problems with it at all. I especially like it when out shooting sage rats with my 22-250.

The guy who makes them is often at the local gun shows. Very nice guy.

BTW, that bench is a nice set up as well.

Take Care,

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What do you have it filled with? If you're just popping dogs, why consider such high dollar front rests? Have we progressed so far that sand bags made from blue jean legs won't work?

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I bought mine filled. I think it's filled with crushed filbert nut shells (hazlenut to you guys not in Oregon). But I honestly don't know.

He's now filling them with plastic pellets.

I bought it because it's convienient (has a shoulder strap) and it grips the fore stock. That and I can't sew...

Take Care,

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, okay. I thought you'd have to fill it up with sand and I don't think I could lift it.
The lady that sewed up my sand bags sewed carry handles on them. Too kewl. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the same type by a different mfr. and like it quite a lot. Solid enough for the purpose without the weight of sandbags. I, too, couldn't justify spending big bucks for a benchrest.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas! I'll feel better if I put the extra $300 into something else.

I appreciate your opinions!

Kenati

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote