New
Find
Notify
Tools

Belted Magnum Collet Resizing Die
 Login/Join

posted
Hi from Austalia,

Has anyone been using the Larry Willis ..Belted Magnum Collet Resizing Die and does it work as stated.
I am very interested in this to resize some .338 win Magnum cases

Posts: 6 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Sorry I've never seen resizing the belt as an Issue.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
I've reloaded thousands of belted mag cases for more than a dozen rifles, and I can not figure out what the problem is that this sizer purports to solve. I've just never had a problem.

However, perhaps this die has some speciel purpose I have not heard of... Please fill me in.

John

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I always viewed it as a solution for a problem that didn't exist.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Run a search here and I think you`ll find these were discussed a year or two ago. I don`t remember the concencess, I wasn`t interested in them, but I believe thet worked as claimed.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one...I love it and can tell you about it. I load for a friend that has lots of custom
built weatherby light weight rifles. For some reason the chambers are cut on the loose side of saami specs and after resizing there is a bulge that develops just above the belt. We are able to re-use all his new weatherby brass over and over again thanks to this die. No other die will size all the way to the belt and get rid of the bulge. The other posters are right.....if you have a normal chamber you probably won't have a "problem" that needs curing but, this die works and quickly repaid itself being that weatherby brass is about $1.00 anywhere you look.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for you replies the web page if you are interested is.... WWW.LARRYWILLIS.COM
I have ordered one so will find out how good it is

Posts: 6 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote