New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember Skeeter Skelton"
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Not sure I got the last name spelled right, but the best reloading account I ever read was his story of trying to duplicate the Lone Ranger's silver bullets. He tried to cast them the way the Lone Ranger did, but I think he might have gotten better results lathe turning them.

Funniest was his claim to have helped Jughead Johnson develope the 14 BMG.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the book Good Friends, Good Guns, Good Whiskey. It is a good read. I laughed hard at the Jug Johnson stories. It reminds me of quite a few things my best friend and I got into as kids.

Posts: 627 | Location: Niceville, Florida | Registered: 12 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While I never got to meet Skeet Skelton in person, I was fortunate enough to talk with him on the phone a number of times.

A more interesting man I never talked to. He just had a way about him. He was a knowledgable guy and a rascal of sorts, but still I would guess a gentleman at the same time.

I read and reread his books and articles from time to time.

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i ve read lots of skeeters articles in the gun mags. you are right he was fun to read and we miss him.....

a .22 rimfire up close will do all the damage you need................

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have all his books, would have loved to have the chance to talk with the man. He and Elmer Keith were my favourite authors for a long time. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I've read about three issues of Shooting Times since he died.

Eddie

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Skeeter got me interested in shooting handguns, something I thought I had no time for until I started reading his stuff.

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I remember reading one of his books, but somehow that book must have developed legs and walekd away.

Anyone knows where I can get those books of SS?

Posts: 68614 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I don't think the books are still in print. Try a search, maybe check the used sporting book stores. HTH - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote