Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone tried Nosler brass?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Chet
posted
Has anyone tried Nosler brass? Is the brass really as uniform and "ready to load" as Nosler claims?

Thanks,
Chet

Posts: 290 | Location: Northern Rockies | Registered: 24 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of floridabigfish
posted Hide Post
I've been using it to load .270's for a friend. No quite as good as the Lapua I use in my rifles but good. It is ready to load.

Florida...where you have to go north to get south.

Posts: 318 | Location: Pinhook River, Florida | Registered: 27 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have, in .223 Rem. All cases below SAAMI min. trim length, good weight distribution, but Lapua offers neck annealing, drilled pocket, superior finish for about same price, so I choose Lapua.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Just about all I buy anymore. Have bought probably 6 or 8 boxes in 22-250, 280AI and 30-06. It is ready to load the first time and very consistant.

You can get to the same place with WW or cheaper brass, it just takes longer with sizing bent necks, trimming, chamfering and deburring flash holes. Used to use a lot of Norma and that is good brass, I just like to have 50 to start with rather than 20.

Nosler holds less powder on initial loadings than WW or Norma but probably about the same as Lapua (although I've never tried Lapua).

Guess it's a psychological thing too with the all-American name like Nosler on the case head.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote