New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brass Prep Machines
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So I'm having issues with my hand and I think its time I look into a brass prep center or machine and was wondering who out there uses these, what seems to be the most popular and pro's and con's. I've watched youtube vids and read reviews and for the most part they all seem to have pretty good reviews. At first, I wasn't interested in having a case trimmer incorporated into the unit but upon further thought, this seems like it might be a good option to have as long as they are accurate and consistent. That being said, this seems to be an issue with the Hornady unit. Some of the reviews raved about the prep features but were less then positive about the case trimmer. The RCBS unit that has the trimmer with it looks to be a good option but haven't read or seen much about it. The Frankford Arsenal unit that has the trimmer seems to have good reviews also. The Lyman unit does not have a trimmer option but nearly all the reviews have been great on its ability to perform the functions needed for case prep. So my question I guess is this. If you wanted an all in one unit, which one gets the nod and if you weren't concerned about trimming, which one would you buy?

Posts: 314 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: 08 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:
So I'm having issues with my hand and I think its time I look into a brass prep center or machine and was wondering who out there uses these, what seems to be the most popular and pro's and con's. I've watched youtube vids and read reviews and for the most part they all seem to have pretty good reviews. At first, I wasn't interested in having a case trimmer incorporated into the unit but upon further thought, this seems like it might be a good option to have as long as they are accurate and consistent. That being said, this seems to be an issue with the Hornady unit. Some of the reviews raved about the prep features but were less then positive about the case trimmer. The RCBS unit that has the trimmer with it looks to be a good option but haven't read or seen much about it. The Frankford Arsenal unit that has the trimmer seems to have good reviews also. The Lyman unit does not have a trimmer option but nearly all the reviews have been great on its ability to perform the functions needed for case prep. So my question I guess is this. If you wanted an all in one unit, which one gets the nod and if you weren't concerned about trimming, which one would you buy?

I have the lyman & use their trimmer that fits in a drill turned down & threaded to fit tu2

Their trimmer is exactly like the Lee only different dancing
Just this winter I have prepped 5,000 308 & 223 cases with it 90% military.

Have a good one. tu2

Posts: 2361 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I have and use a RCBS case prep machine 5 tool station.
Its not to bad on the hands. I use a set of fuse pullers to hold the brass when my fingers start to ach. The trimming is a separate tool. I use a lyman trimmer, I converted it to use a drill. It has served me well over the years.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote