THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Does anyone have load data for 416 Rigby using Reloader 15 ?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone have load data for 416 Rigby using Reloader 15 ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I’m looking for load data using Reloader 15 in the 416 Rigby. Can anyone shed some light on this please ?

Posts: 100 | Location: Virginia  | Registered: 27 September 2020Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Might be a bit too fast for decent performance.

You can use any powder, for any caliber, but you will not get optimum performance with all of them.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68798 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Saeed, I tried RL 15 in my CZ and couldn’t get a load with the velocity I was wanting before pressure signs became evident. For hunting loads I use RL 22, good velocity and good accuracy.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
H4350 is my preferred powder for the 416 Rigby.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68798 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen load data for RL 22 (and RL 19). I’m thinking the 19 would be better for 350 grain bullets

Posts: 100 | Location: Virginia  | Registered: 27 September 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree that Reloder 15 is too fast, you will hit pressure maximums before you get a reasonable velocity. If this is a case where you have a boatload of Reloder 15 and are looking to use it during the powder shortage IMO you would be better to wait things out. If you are lucky enough to find some IMR 7977, which is one of the new Enduron powders, you will do well to try that. I am getting close to 2600 fps in my 24" Ruger barrel and very good accuracy. The Enduron powders are very temperature stable and I have found them to be easy to work with gentle pressure/velocity curves.

Good luck,

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote