THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sinclair Concentricity Gage w/indicator?
 Login/Join

<wksinatl>
posted
I am thinking a Concentricity Gage w/indicator would make a great "stocking stuffer" for me this year. The Sinclair (91.00 with gage) looks like a nice one. Any other opinions (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Keith

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
A, tool handy, friend of mine made me this one, copied after the previous Sinclair model and it works great. Be forewarned however that no matter how helpful a run out gauge may be, your life will never be the same, once you will haved discovered that nothing on earth is perfectly true and straight [Big Grin]
 -

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
Thats a good idea. I got a RCBS Case Master and the result was finding out that a new Hornady seating die was designed wrong.

The RCBS tool is about $60 at Grafs.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I paid $72 + $8 shipping for the new Sinclair concentricity gauge last month.
I am very happy I did.
It is a first class product and very useful.

I produced a set of drawing and parts list for it [I am an engineer], and my two buddies that I build rifles with [they are machinists] are going to take the cheap way out and make theirs.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the RCBS too, it also measures the wall thickness and is very easy to see if things are getting thin before the head seperates. Measures neck thickness easily too.

Don,

How did it show you your die was bad?

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote