New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite .45ACP SWC Molds?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thinking of experimenting with some other plinker loads.

Right now I'm using Lee 200s with 5.3g 231.

Any favored 225-230 grain choices?

Posts: 895 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
My favorite 45 acp mold is NEIs 210 grain H&G #68 copy. What shoot the most of is Saecos 200 swc, because I have two 4 cavity molds.

I use 4.5 grains of Bullseye or 4.5 grains of 231 with either of the above.
Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
If you like the Lee 6cav molds, pretty decent product for the most part, the 230grTC or 228grRN are good bullets. FOr a 200gr, any of the H&G#68 style as by Redding, Lyman & Magma are good.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I have a Lyman that looks like my H&G that I lent to my dumb ass friend. He used a wire wheel to clean the lead out of the inside of my H&G mold and ruined it. I wont let him even borrow used toilet paper anymore. Sorry about the rant

I also have a Lyman Round nose 45 mold it feeds great.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
Mine is the Lyman-Keith 452423HP. It comes from my mould at 230 grains due to the hollow point. I use it with 7.3 grains of Unique, MV 998 FPS. Very accurate, good bullet!

Of course, the barrel feed ramp must be contoured to feed SWC's.....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote