New
Find
Notify
Tools

getting started...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
beleive it or not, i do not hand/reload yet.

i am just getting started with the purchase of a couple books and some research on the web.

can you guys suggest some "must" reads and advice?

thanks!

One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
There are several good books on the subject but one that consistently comes up is the Lyman's 48th edition reloading manual. This is the first manual I bought and found it to be very informative. I haven't been reloading long myself and this manual explained alot. You'll also find plenty of folks here willing and able to provide guidance.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
For the totally newb, The ABCs of Reloading is classic. Everything you wanted to knwo about reloading anything. The Lyman ,naual is good as are teh Speer & Lee. You are going about it the right way by researching first, then you can start thinking about buying equip.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're doing it right! Read the books, then ask the board for advise on equipment - you'll get tons of comments, I'm sure. Be sure to tell us what caliber(s), how much you want to load, budget, how large a space you have to reload, etc.

Mike

Posts: 100 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA | Registered: 10 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lyman's 49th Edition might be easier to find these days.

You can use the forum's Search function to get additional information.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
just picked up lyman #49 and abc of reloading...
get ready for the questions...lol
Smiler